One Size Doesn’t Fit All in the World of PR

Cat Cambridge, senior account executive, Clarion Communications

I started my PR career at a small agency in Reading four years ago and when I say small, I mean fairly tiny - I was one of only five.  I loved my time there for many reasons: it felt like a little family, everyone always knew what everyone else was doing and best of all I gained a lot of experience very quickly.

When I moved to Clarion, I was initially scared of how I would cope in a larger agency, but I shouldn’t have worried at all because I love it.  It’s great to know that there’s always someone there to support you across all levels, and if you’re feeling the pressure, there’s someone to calm you down. It’s also a lot of fun - whether it’s securing national news coverage or planning an after-work social, the buzz and excitement is hard to miss.

I know that not all large agencies are like this but I’m lucky to have found one - my advice to any new starters is to try out different sized agencies because that’s the only way you’ll find what’s right for you.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right about finding out where you best fit and I'm glad you found an agency you're comfortable in.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your thoughts so make sure you comment on our posts!