As social media are increasingly being used to drive audiences to buy products and services, brands are able to evaluate their return on investment using five simple tests.
By Habib Amir
How can brands find a social media evaluation model that forecasts the monetary value of their campaign, plans e-commerce mechanics and evaluates return on investment?
Avoiding the answer
The model to use
- Awareness: an indication of how many people are reached with the brand message (measured in audience impressions and reach).
- Appreciation: a measure of how many people show an initial interest in brand content (measured in posts, shares, re-shares etc).
- Actions: speak louder as they indicate an active interest in the brand/product (measured in clicks, downloads, enquiries, purchases etc).
- Advocacy: signifies intent to keep in touch (measured in likes, followers, circles, subscriptions etc).
- Domino effect: reaching audiences through their network (measured in friends of friends, followers of followers, viral reach etc).